December 9, 2022
Our Holiday Gift to You
By Julie Gregory, Chief Health Liaison for Apollo Health
You may recall from my blog entitled You Spoke; We Listened that Apollo Health has been slowly implementing a multitude of new features to help make the protocol easier to practice with the ultimate goal of providing all of the tools you need to ensure your success. Some of these improvements have been implemented, while others will be available very soon. As the year winds to a close, I want to provide a year-end wrap-up to keep you informed of all the changes in front of and behind the scenes.
1. Better Educated Providers We are on track to ensure that all of our health coaches and practitioners will be ReCODE 2.0 trained by the end of the year, with the ability to collaborate with Dr. Bredesen as needed. We recognize the importance of a highly educated team that has been trained in the most up-to-date aspects of the protocol. Our ReCODE 2.0 certified team members also understand the importance of applying the protocol in a uniform and standardized manner while encouraging personalization to best meet your needs. After January 1st, Apollo Health will only recommend practitioners that have completed the latest training. You may still see practitioners on the internet advertising that they offer the “Bredesen Protocol.” Always ask if they’re ReCODE 2.0 certified to ensure that you receive the most up-to-date care. If you’re still unsure, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Practitioners who are enrolled in the training by 12/31 will remain on our roster as they work towards completing their ReCODE 2.0 Certification.)
2. Simplified Educational Material We’ve updated our primary educational guides to offer more accessible information for everyone. Learning occurs in layers, and that’s especially true for those recovering from cognitive decline. We’ve created short Summaries and simplified Action Plans with bulleted instructions for our members who aren’t ready to dive into the details. When some healing has occurred, and you’re ready for more information, we also offer comprehensive, in-depth educational guides that are broken down into easy-to-read chapters. Everyone will start with a comprehensive overview of the program, what to expect, an estimate of cost, and an outline of your personal responsibility while on the protocol. From there, each participant will be guided through how to ensure that you have adequate oxygenation and fuel to your brain. Without these two critical pieces in place, it is impossible to heal. Next, we’ll introduce the seven foundational strategies to optimize cognition, as summarized in the Bredesen Seven (B7). Early in the new year, our health coaches will offer this foundational material in a short, engaging video format to make the program even more accessible.
3. A Program for Everyone Based on the results from Dr. Bredesen’s 2022 Clinical Trial, we know that the protocol works and feel a responsibility to disseminate it to everyone. For those who would like a concierge experience, we will soon offer a one-on-one program called PreCODE Plus and ReCODE Plus. Each subscriber will be paired with a ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach who will guide them through the program, offering support, education, and accountability. Additionally, we will continue to offer our current self-guided programs. Subscribers using this model may opt to hire a health coach as needed. And finally, for those who can’t afford to subscribe, we encourage you to read The End of Alzheimer’s Program, which lays out the protocol in detail. To further support you, we’ve also established a Facebook group called The Official Bredesen Protocol Support Group, moderated by our health coaches. Non-subscribers are welcome to use our freely available educational material on the Apollo Health website by clicking on the “Education” link on our main menu. You can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter here.
4. Meal Delivery Service This is happening! We know that nutrition is the most important of all the B7 strategies, and many participants struggle to fully understand how to use the KetoFLEX 12/3 approach. By partnering with a research-based, health-focused meal delivery service committed to delivering high-quality, clean food to extend longevity and reverse disease, we can take the hassle out of this foundational step to healing. We will continue to create educational materials, meal plans, and recipes for participants who enjoy cooking, but we will also have a meal delivery option available very soon.
5. Affordability We recognize the expense involved in implementing all of the strategies in the protocol. Many of our staff members (including me!) practice the protocol ourselves. Please know that our long-term goal is to make this the standard of care so that health insurance will cover treatment for Alzheimer’s as aggressively as they currently cover other diseases, like cancer. In the short term, we are working on getting Medicare coverage for the meal delivery service for eligible participants, with the ultimate goal of coverage for the entire protocol. Because mainstream medicine continues to contend that Alzheimer’s can’t be prevented or reversed, we will continue to build evidence and advocate for your healthcare rights.
The team at Apollo Health cares deeply about your experience on the protocol. We’re devoted to empowering you by ensuring you have all the tools you need to optimize your cognition for decades to come. We are all brain health pioneers — rewriting the Alzheimer’s story — and showing the world what is possible.