November 17, 2023
KetoFLEX 12/3 Kitchen: Create Your Own Thanksgiving
We explore fresh, new ways to use conventional Thanksgiving ingredients that honor traditional beloved recipes with a brain-healthy twist to nurture those you love.
This month, we share some Thanksgiving menu ideas for PreCODE and ReCODE members, including tips for Sourcing Your Thanksgiving Turkey, Roasted Sweet Potato and Pecan Salad, and the full recipe for our Cranberry Almond Chia Pudding (below).
Cranberry Almond Chia Pudding
Chia Pudding is a fantastic, quick-to-prepare, and highly customizable breakfast or snack option. With cranberries, cinnamon, and orange zest, we’d even consider this recipe as a holiday dessert!
Enjoy its’ delicious creaminess and brain-boosting chia seeds, which are high in fiber, support gut health, and help keep you full.
Yield: Two Servings
1) Flavor Variations: Experiment with different flavors by adding a dash of cocoa powder, or a tiny pinch of nutmeg.
2) Nut Butter Swirl: Drizzle nut butter on top for an extra creamy boost and added protein.
3) Protein Boost: Mix in a scoop of a hemp powder to increase protein content.
4) Coconut Cream: For a dessert touch, drizzle with coconut cream.
● 1/4 cup chia seeds
● 1 cup unsweetened nut milk
● 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
● 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
● 8 drops Sweet Leaf English Toffee Organic Sweet Drops
● 1/4 cup fresh cranberries, blueberries, or raspberries
● 2 tbsp coconut oil
● 1/4 cup almonds, pecans, or walnuts, chopped (optional)
● Orange zest (optional)
1) Mix the Base: In a bowl or glass measuring cup, combine chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract, and English Toffee drops. Stir the mixture well to distribute the chia seeds evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight. Stir occasionally during the first 30 minutes to prevent clumping.
2) Serve: When the pudding has reached your desired consistency (thicker is creamier), remove it from the fridge. Give it a good stir to make it smooth.
3) Heat: You can have this breakfast hot or cold. If hot, put coconut oil into a small saucepan and heat on low to melt. Add fruit and stir. Add refrigerated chia pudding ingredients and stir until heated through. Alternatively, if you’d like to serve it cold, please look at step four.
4) Top with Fresh Berries: Spoon the chia pudding into serving cups. Top with the fresh berries.
5) Garnish (Optional): For an extra dessert touch, sprinkle a small amount of unsweetened shredded coconut, sliced orange or orange zest, and a dollop of coconut cream.