June 21, 2021
KetoFLEX 12/3 Kitchen: Simple and Refreshing Japanese Cuisine
Let’s welcome summer with a fresh set of recipes! This month, we feature a Japanese-themed menu with a savory KetoFLEX 12/3-friendly Chirashi Bowl topped with yummy Ginger Dressing and those recipes are available to PreCODE and ReCODE members, followed by refreshing Matcha Madness Ice Cream (see the recipe below). These are great recipes for the whole family to enjoy!
Matcha Madness Ice Cream
With summer around the corner, what better way to kick it off than with ice cream. Matcha tea is known to induce mental clarity and cognitive function. It is also the best source of EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), a “power” flavonoid that protects against free radicals and can play a part in improving neurological cell function.
• 1 (14oz) can of full-fat coconut cream, ApoE4 carriers can use half the can of coconut cream and 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
• ¼ cup cashew butter
• 2 tsp matcha powder
• Stevia to taste, SweetLeaf is an approved brand
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (if using a blender)
1. Place coconut cream, (almond milk if used), and cashew butter into the blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add in matcha, sea salt, and vanilla extract and blend.
3. Add in stevia drops to taste, and blend once more.
If you have an ice cream maker:
1. Turn the ice cream maker on, and while it’s churning, pour in the contents of the blender.
2. Churn for 25 minutes, then transfer to an airtight freezer-friendly container and freeze for two hours at the minimum.
Without an ice cream maker:
1. Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze for one to two hours.
2. Place the ice cubes back in the blender and add a little bit of almond milk to get things moving and create the right consistency.
3. Blend and transfer to an airtight freezer-friendly container.