June 22, 2022
KetoFLEX 12/3 Kitchen: Dining Al Fresco
It’s time to get outside and enjoy the health benefits that mother nature has to offer. Fresh air, sun, exposure to trees, and all of nature’s wonders do a body good. Enjoy your time outdoors with a delicious meal shared with family and friends. This month’s recipes are sure to be a hit for your next picnic or Fourth of July celebration, including Deviled Eggs (recipe below), Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, Creamy Cole Slaw, and Avocado, Asparagus, and Shrimp Salad available to members of our PreCODE or ReCODE Programs™.
Who doesn’t love deviled eggs? There isn’t a summer gathering where we don’t have deviled eggs on the table. Eggs are high in protein, healthy fat, and an excellent source of choline. Instead of pickle relish, this recipe uses capers, the richest known natural source of quercetin, a powerful flavonoid.
Yield: 12 servings
● If you have time, homemade mayonnaise or aioli is always the best option for superior quality and taste.
● If you don’t want paprika sprinkled all over your serving tray, be sure and put the paprika on your eggs before placing them on your tray.
● 12 large eggs
● ½ cup mayonnaise made with avocado oil (such as Primal Kitchen) or our own Garlic Aioli made with high polyphenol extra virgin olive oil
● 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
● 1.5 tsp lemon juice, fresh
● 2 tbsp capers drained, rinsed, and chopped
● ¾ tsp sea salt
● ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
● Paprika for garnish
1. Place eggs in a stainless-steel pot and add water to cover eggs.
2. Place pot on the stove on medium high heat and bring to a boil for 12 minutes and remove from heat.
3. Once eggs are cool, peel and slice in half lengthwise and place the yolks in a small bowl.
4. Mash the egg yolks using a fork.
5. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
6. Spoon the yolk mixture into the eggs and garnish with paprika before placing the eggs on your serving tray.