July 17, 2021
KetoFLEX 12/3 Kitchen: Cool Soups for Summer
This month we are all staying refreshed with our summer soup recipes. These soups are easy to make and bursting with summer flavors and sure to satisfy your taste buds! Along with the soups, we have added a recipe for some garlicky breadsticks. The recipes for Creamy Avocado Soup, and Roasted Red Pepper Soup are available to PreCODE and ReCODE members, and the recipe for KetoFLEX 12/3 Breadsticks is below.
KetoFLEX 12/3 Breadsticks
You don’t need to go to Olive Garden to get your breadstick fix; make them in the comfort of your own home, and they are KetoFLEX 12/3 approved! Warm, buttery goodness never tasted so good.
Tips: Use your kitchen scale instead of measuring cups to measure the dry ingredients for accuracy and the best results when measuring while baking. It’s best to buy whole psyllium husk and grind it yourself in a blender or a coffee grinder until fine. (When I used store-bought pre-ground psyllium husk, it gave my buns a grayish color.)
• 96g or 1cup almond flour
• 24g or ¼ cup coconut flour
• 4 tbsp psyllium husk
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 3-5 tsp water, filtered
• 2 tbsp grass-fed butter, softened or ghee (dairy-free)
• 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• 2 tbsp Pecorino Romano, grated (optional)
1. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, and salt to a food processor. Pulse until combined.
2. Add in the apple cider vinegar while the food processor is running.
3. Add the eggs and the water. The dough should be sticky.
4. Remove the dough and knead for about 2 minutes. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, mix the butter or ghee with the parsley, garlic, and garlic powder.
6. Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper into a 10” x 10” square.
7. Brush the dough with the garlic butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
8. Fold the dough in half and cut it into 10 strips with a pastry cutter or pizza cutter.
9. Roll or pinch the ends of the dough and twist to form your breadsticks.
10. Place the breadstick on a greased tray and bake for 15 minutes to 20 minutes, depending on how crispy you want them.
11. Brush with some more melted butter or ghee and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
12. Best served warm.